Recent Posts

Jan 23, 2017

Student breaks 3 decades record at BUK

A student from the Department of Sociology, Bayero University Kano (BUK), Sani Muhammad has broken the 36 years old record of the department.
The brilliant student who is an indigene of Borno State from Hawul Local Government Area, graduated with a first class degree with 4.65 Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate.
Sharing his pain and gain with newsmen, Sanni said, “The journey so far has been really challenging, the one I can’t forget was my level 300 second semester exam. I wrote that exam with lots of engagement with other duties. I was preparing on travelling to the United States for the Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) program. I didn’t have much time to read or concentrate and some other activities and issues here and there really kept me off-track and less focused.
“I called my parents to pray for me, I reaffirmed my commitment towards making good grades. And I got support from a lot of people during that period. In such times having a good support system like parents, and encouragement from your lecturers would really help.
“I initially had doubt about the course from the beginning, I even started asking about interdepartmental transfer but after my first semester result and encouragement from my level coordinator, I felt this is what I’m born to study. I even wanted to leave BUK for the Nigerian Defence Academy in Level 200, but I didn’t make through the finals,” he added.
The student who could not hold back his happiness thanked everyone, ”the feeling is awesome and indescribable. I feel so overwhelmed with joy and happiness and I want to thank each and everyone who has contributed with prayers and well wishes to this success,” he added.
Photo…
Sanni Muhammad




Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment